94-04 Mustang GT Installation Tips. Other vehicles are similar.
L 10 Tow hook is generally used for the front of the 94-04 Mustangs.
1. Put you car on a lift or on ramps. Secure the emergency brake and leave the car in gear.
2. With a straight edge, mark the back side of the front bumper where the hole will need to be cut in the
bumper. Do this by placing the straight edge under the frame where the bumper is bolted. This will be
your center point for the whole. Cut the hole out approx. 1.75 inches in both directions, and approx. ¼
inch in height.
3. Simply remove the 2 bolts that secure the bumper (crash bar. You may have to remove some of the
Styrofoam bumper to get to the bolts.
4. With the bolts removed, slide the tow hook between the frame and the bumper.
5. Reinstall the bolts, reinstall the bumper.
See our "Cars" page for photos of installations.
Average install time is roughly 1.5 to 2 hours.
L 9 Tow hook is generally used for the rear of the 94-04 Mustangs.
These can be installed the same way as the front, or, simply welded to the bumper beam. Its suggested to mount it as close to where the bumper support mounts to the frame.
TOW HOOKS ARE FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY.
NOT INTENDED FOR TRAILORING, TOWING, HAULING, PULLING A CAR ON PUBLIC ROADS.
TOW HOOKS ARE INTENDED TO PULL A STUCK / STOPPED VEHICLE
SURFACE AND SAFELY BACK TO THE PADDOCK / PIT AREA ONLY!
NEVER STAND BEHIND A VEHICLE WHILE ITS BEING TOWED OR PULLED.